Reading Writing Classroom Pinteresting Projects Blogs I Follow K-3 Blogs I Follow 4-6

Sunday, August 11, 2013

This Blog!

"Literature must be an analysis of experience and a synthesis of the findings into a unity." Rebecca West

{ IN THE BEGINNING }

I was introduced to the blogging world in 2009, but, I cannot say that responding to readings was much fun!  Ha!  Well, I am in the year of many, many, many transitions.  So, I decided it would be a great idea to take some time every other now and then and journal electronically via this brand new blog about how I am GOING PLACES personally and professionally this school year!  I am about to begin a second chapter in my educational career in just a few short weeks.  I will begin my sixth year in a new district, with a new and reinvigorated commitment to education.  I soooooo look forward to all of the experiences that are sure to come my way!  I feel like this blog can be what I make of it.  This blog can be a place where I can shape ideas, investigate others, but, more importantly connect with other like minded educators inside or outside of my district, and wherever this tiny blog may reach!

I am a bilingual educator that has been lucky to teach in a Dual Language program and teach all content in the past.  It was truly rewarding to be able to teach all content in Spanish!  As that program was phased out, it was interesting to say the least, becoming a Bilingual Teacher that focused on Language Arts and Social Studies.  I realized one program had little to do with the other.  My inclination for all things literary began back then.  I believe it's my love for all things literary that have definitely energized me to take the next steps in my career.

I have found an abundance of educational blogs to follow that reflect passion for different things.  Finding blogs that also incorporate the needs of bilingual children, now that's been a bit more challenging.  As a Latina that loves her culture, and has worked to improve her community, I do hope this blog becomes an extension of that.  So, what this means is that you are likely to pick up on some English as a Second Language practices along with bilingual ones by reading my blog!

I hope you are motivated to GO PLACES with me, won't you follow me on Bloglovin'?  Select the Bloglovin' button and be one of the very first of followers of this most tiny and humble blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment