Reading Writing Classroom Pinteresting Projects Blogs I Follow K-3 Blogs I Follow 4-6

Sunday, August 11, 2013

My Classroom

So this year is the year where I believe many, many significant changes are going to happen for my students as well as for myself.  I decided to search for a theme that would really reflect this.  In my search to find a suitable theme, I thought of how this new year will be for me in many ways going down a winding road that takes me to completely new places.  The idea of GOING PLACES or taking a ROAD TRIP were born.

I had done my very best to stay away from Pinterest for so many reasons . . . I thought, it looks addictive . . . I'll spend all of my so-called extra time on it . . . but, in the end I caved thanks to a wonderful friend who helped get me hooked . . . Tina Salinas King . . . thanks for creating a complete Pinterest addict out of me . . . anyway, I am thankful nevertheless for this wonderfully all-consuming place where we all go for enlightened inspiration.

While Pinteresting one day, it is there that I began my fascination with all things Schoolgirl Style by Melanie Ralbusky . . . the woman has it together . . . classroom decor that is POSITIVELY enviable!!!  It was there that I fell in love with . . . http://www.schoolgirlstyle.com/2013/04/road-trip/.  These are a couple of the pictures where I was SOLD instantly!!




I assure you that it was precisely what I needed to get going and dream my little dream of taking my kids places this year!!

I have a thing about not wanting to see backpacks out in my classroom . . . so when I checked out my new room for the first time, I KNEW then that I had to find a way to cover the cubbies.  I will be using the Linen Large Letter Postcard motif used in the Road Trip theme . . . somehow my wish of tying the fabric to my theme was solved when I found this fabric . . . and using Route 66 as a springboard for taking the Road Trip was materialized . . .


And to cover the cork boards in the classroom, I picked out this very interesting Route 66 fabric!


To add a dimension of space in the room, I did go ahead with a fadeless paper print in the form of rolling hills under clouds, this will go against the back wall for a great focal point in the room! 


It is now August and unfortunately, my room is not yet cleared out.  A whole domino effect has to happen first, the kind where two other moves have to happen so mine finally does, I am a bit concerned I must say.  I expect this will change since I've got to attend New Employee Orientation beginning August 12th . . . yikes, does NOT begin to cover my anxiety!!!  I foresee a CrAzY beginning to the new year!!  Being a new 6th year teacher you would think I'm immune to the ensuing stress and NO, NOT REALLY!!  Ha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment